Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are harassing and menacing emails admissible in court?

For the last 4 years I get harassing and menacing emails from my son's father. The majority of them have abusive language and are really mean. All of them do not mention his son! I have never denied this guy any visitation, I have never asked him for money or for more child support (he pays 340 a month for the last 10 years), I don't question him when he didn't send a birthday or Christmas gift, I don't ask him for anything. I try not to communicate with this man in any way shape or form. Now that my son is old enough (he's 10) I got him an email address %26amp; he's had cell phone for the last year just so his father would be able to keep in touch with him. To date his father has called 3 times and he's sent 1 email asking about how my son was doing but other than that and as usual my son's father does not communicate with his son. However, he has no problem contacting me by phone or email wanting to talk about sex on a regular basis. I have the phone bills and the emails to prove it! Awhile back I mentioned to him that my son wants to change his last name because he wants to have the same last name as me and my family (we were never married) and I offered to have it hyphenated because I knew he would be offended because he gave my son the same name as his but he blew off the handle and I haven't spoken to him since. Lately, he has been sending my son some vulgar, lewd and what I feel are inappropriate emails for a 10 year old. Can I do anything to get this guy completely out of our lives? I want to know are emails allowed in court because at this point I feel like this is the only way to protect myself and my son and because I have meticulously keep each and every email I feel if anyone read them it would be easy to see that this guy is not really interested in having a relationship with my son and in my opinion my son would be better off. Also, he has been physically, mentally and emotionally abusive with me in the past and I also have witnesses who will attest to that as well as police reports, pictures, etc. HELP!Are harassing and menacing emails admissible in court?
Yes they are IF it can be PROVED that they were indeed sent by him with an IP trace. Ask your lawyer about it.Are harassing and menacing emails admissible in court?
Yes, any communication can be used as evidence.
Show them to a lawyer.
Yes they are good in court. Print them out and make sure it shows who received it, who sent it and what it says. Would help if the website is on the bottom to proof that's where you got it. You're gonna have to proof that the email is his also, so pics are perfect.
I am sorry to hear how this crap-hound is menacing you and obviously causing you much distress.





I would suggest that the easiest way to deal with it and the way which would cause yourself and your family the least amount of further upset would be just to change your Email address and give your new address to only those you trust.





I am pretty sure you can block Emails from idiots like this also.





I have a number of accounts a 'public' one which attracts spam like a fly to **** and another known only to a select few.

No comments:

Post a Comment