Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can men who have trouble communicating be successful in relationships?

Simply put i am good looking guy, i exercise very often, i have a good job. I notice the girls i run into in life are checking me out. BUT i don't have the courage to talk to any of them because i am a VERY bad communicator. I have trouble communicating with everyone i meet except for elderly people. I have managed to learn how to talk to guys my age. But i can't communicate with girls. I have only been in 2 relationships, both of which started because we were drunk and i was able to break the ice in a way i would not be able to if i was sober. Both relationships ended because when we talked we talked but didn't communicate, it was all small talk, with no substance.





My question is: does anyone have experience with a problem like mine and what was the outcome. I am worried i am going to end up in a relationship like my parents, with no communication and both people really hate each other because of the relationship.





Also any advise on how to talk to people would greatly be apriciated.Can men who have trouble communicating be successful in relationships?
A relationship can not work without Communication. It sounds like you are scared of women. if you can talk to your friends you can talk to women.Can men who have trouble communicating be successful in relationships?
Im in the same boat buddy, im terrible at talking to women. Try meeting girls on a dating site, I know it may seem weird but I have met some pretty cool people so far, its a good way to break the ice from the safety of your home, ask questions and get to know them, that way when you meet them in person you have a lot to talk about, you really just gotta dive in and do it! Hope this helps dude, good luck!





Ben.
i was like you in high school.. i was kinda shy and then i started talking to all kinds of people and that worked because i was able to speak to all kinds of people without being shy,.i started by talking to the not-so good looking girls and as i got my confidence up, i started to talking to the cuter girls, and i was easily able to. so, you should try that
i used to have the same problem with guys





it helped if instead of jumping right into a relationship we became close friends first because its easier to communicate with a friend then a boyfriend so i got to know them better and they saw more of the real me
I have the same problem as you. If you ever find a good solution, let me know.
Communication is KEY..you better brush up on it..
its just a question of confidence bruv..make an effort and go talk to a girl once and see the amount of confidence you get..i used to be exactly like you and couldn't put two words together and after i asked my girlfriend out the first time the confidence levels reached the moon..she was one of the most popular girls in college..its been almost 4 years now and the confidence level hasn't come down a bit..





all you need is the first step..you have to take it..and please do that when you are sober..you know the reason(s) why..
Well, I had the same problem until I met my husband and we've been together coming up on 7 years now. I knew when I met him, he was so easy to talk to and I was so comfortable with him...





All you need to do is OPEN UP a little, don't worry about what women think, if they like you, they will talk and if not, not a whole waste of your time. Rejection is a good reason to shut people out and not talk to anyone. They will like you for who you are, don't put on a front, be real, we appreciate those kinds of things. We'd rather a smart and quiet guy who opens doors and brings flowers as opposed to the drunk frat boy that's good from one night....not speaking on behalf of every fem, but most...


Also, it's not good to start any relationship with alcohol (keep that in mind).
You communicate very well in writing. I think that if you are a good communicator in writing, you can learn to become a good communicator in person. It may take you many years, though.





When you're in a relationship, just be honest and tell her up front that you're not the best verbal communicator. It's not that you don't WANT to be open, rather that you find it very challenging, but you're trying to work on it. Or to put it simpler, ';I'm not a big talker. I like to listen. I'm better at talking after I know someone pretty well.';





The right girl will understand and learn to speak with you in a way that works. Also, the more you get to know someone, the better you'll get at expressing yourself because you'll learn to trust her.
I was in a relationahip with a guy like you (don't worry he broke it off not me lol). You just need to find a girl that will understand that sometimes you're not gonna want to talk. Sometimes communication isn't all about talking. You can learn others feelings by simply having a loving understanding of them. Don't worry you'll find someone. :) On a more physical note...girls are often as shallow as guys, so if you're hot I'm sure there are many girls out there who get over the whole communication thing, :) lol jk
I used to be shy. Don't know why, but I met this Girl that took my breath away, so to speak. I told her right off that I was shy, and she told me that I was'nt shy but just scared of failing. She said to be brave and speak from the heart,and she promised to not tramp on my thoughts. She was a very sweet girl, tough and understanding that sometimes our mouths just can't express our true meaning. I learned to say, that did'nt come out right, and let me try that again. Try your best to always be nice in what you do and say, and ALWAYS be truthful. Spend time with people and join in conversations,practicing those things. Associate with good people, church is a good place to find them, and gather friends from there. Just being with them, will be a big help, as they love to communicate about everything. You will gain in self confidence. thats what you need. OH, that girl is now my wife and I am in heaven, every moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment