Wednesday, August 18, 2010

';What do I communicate to a man about the love of God by being willing to consider him an enemy?

...What do I say about forgiveness if I punish him for the sins of his rulers? How is it reconcilable with the gospel--good news--for the last word in my estimate of a man to be that, in a case of extreme conflict, it could be my duty to sacrifice his life for the sake of my nation, my security, or the political order which I prefer?





The idea that human life is intrinsically sacred is not a specifically Christian thought. But the gospel itself, the message that Christ died for his enemies, is our reason for being ultimately responsible for the neighbor's--and especially the enemy's--life. We can only say this to him if we say to ourselves that we cannot dispose of him according to our own will.';





Quotation from John Howard Yoder, Christian writer and theologian, 1966





Happy Easter everyone!';What do I communicate to a man about the love of God by being willing to consider him an enemy?
That is cool. Happy Easter to you too';What do I communicate to a man about the love of God by being willing to consider him an enemy?
First you have to obtain the true spiritual knowledge. There is only one way, what I can show you. After getting the pure knowledge, you will get your answer from your self automatically. The way is ‘Maha Vad’. It’s a new ‘Vedanta’ of the modern times, taught by Maha Anand –the great sage of the modern age. Please visit its web site.
While that's very good intheory, in reality we are told in the Bible to obey legitimate authority, and war is often used by the Lord to take care of our enemies. You can take what you say to an extreme and say that since I love my enemies, if one of them is raping my wife, I shouldn't try to protect her. After all, I love him too. That is not what our Lord meant in that phrase.
Do not judge,than, you shall not be judged either.As theologian said '; We cannot dispose of him according to our own will';.
  • wavy hair
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment