Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is crying three times in one month considered depression?

I have NO reason to be depressed! Life is good but boring.





I'm 24 and my dad accused me of something I didn't do and I cried like a two year old.





I got drunk and thought about my brother burning in hell and started crying. I never cry when I'm drunk!





I tear up when I think about how I only have one single guy in my life who will take no for an answer. The fact that I'm afraid of communicating with other men because alot of them can't take no for an answer.





Am I depressed?





I cry for no reason. I'm a happy content person.Is crying three times in one month considered depression?
24???


crying like that isnt depression. alot of people cry just to get those mixed emotions out at once ya know?


there are some people that cant even cry cuz of different reason so crying is a gift i guess. each time you cry, dont ask yourself ';am i depressed'; or nothin like that or else youll become that.


your fineIs crying three times in one month considered depression?
I don't think so. You sound emotional, and perhaps like you might be going through a rough patch.


Depression is defined, loosely, as when you are in a distinctively depressed, listless, irritable mood for a period of two or more months.


You might like to try this checklists and surveys, to get an idea of whether or not you are suffering from depression? It won't take long, and I took a couple of very similar ones with a psychologist I saw briefly last year, before my current psychotherapist:





http://lessonsforliving.com/depression_t…





http://www.depressedtest.com/





http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_pag…





http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?…








All the best, =]
Crying three times in one month itself is not depression. However some people who use alcohol, do have a tendency to cry if they drink too much. Maybe it is that and you should stay away from it. You don't touch a hot stove because you know you will get burned. You don't drink alcohol because it makes you cry.
Most likely not, it's probably hormones. If you ever feel empty, lost, and constant anguish and pain, then join the club, you're depressed. Doesn't hurt to go the doctor though. You could have a chemical imbalance in your brain, in which a quick treatment would stabalize it and you would be back to normal.
You sound stressed. Think about what is making you so stressed, is the something building up maybe you feel out of control? When you find the cause of your stress try to relieve some or all of the tension, even a little of the tension relieved helps. Think of your mind as a well and the stress as the water in the bucket. Take some quality time with yourself.
No but it's something to keep and eye on. You should fine something to do with your spare time. Like I work on my family tree which is interesting and it does take up a lot of time. Crafts can be fun and take up some of your time. This stuff will keep your mine going so your not thinking about things that might be depressing.
Crying releases stress. with a bad economy a change in leadership


and so on, life is stressful right now. Smile alot, put happy things in your life, not sad things .Life will get better in many ways.
Crying three times in one month is not considered depression
Doesn't look like depression. Too sensitive I think.


It is good to cry once in a way to get out negative emotions.





Alcohol will NOT help you in any way. It can completely destroy your life.
No
I'm no quack (doctor) but you sound emotional. That is not depression. Try watching fun movies or reading or visiting friends, neighbors and/or relatives.
You need to take the Depression test or see a Doctor right away. As soon as you're first treatment, you start to feel better.
i really dont know crying is a sign of stress or unhappiness so obviously your not happy all the time i geusse it is somewhat of a sign of depression
NO.





dpeends on what made you cry.





happy things make people cry as well as Sad things.
You know being young is hard, I remember my dad smacking me on the leg as a teenager and I cried for hours he really hurt my feelings,that was the first smack I ever got from him and the last, not being able to say no ,I was like that as well, but you need to notice these floors and if you don't want to be in a situation don't put your self in them not being able to say no can cause destruction in your life. Begin to say no its not your problem if they get upset.And only God knows who will burn in hell , he didn't die for us for nothing , he did this so we will have life in him. And when you want to drink make sure you are in a safe environment,
Winning the Fight Against Depression





“BY SKILLFUL direction you will carry on your war,” states Proverbs 24:6. Skill, not just good intentions, is needed to win a battle. Certainly, if depressed, you do not want inadvertently to cause yourself to feel worse. For instance, a 1984 study of depressed persons found that some tried to cope with their depression by ‘taking anger out on other people, reducing tension by drinking more, eating more, and taking more tranquilizing drugs.’ The result: “more depression and physical symptoms.”





Some depressed persons fail to seek skillful direction because of their fear of being viewed as mentally weak. Yet, major depression is a sign neither of mental weakness nor of spiritual failure. Research indicates that this severe disorder may exist when there is a certain chemical malfunction in the brain. Since a physical illness may cause this, if you have been severely depressed for longer than two weeks, a medical examination may be advisable. If no physical illness is found to be contributing to the problem, often the disorder can be improved by adjusting the thinking pattern along with some help from appropriate medication or nutrients. Winning the fight against depression does not mean that you will never have a depressed mood again. Sadness is a part of life. Yet, skillfully directing your blows will help you deal with depression better.





A doctor will often prescribe antidepressants. These are drugs designed to clear up the chemical imbalance. Elizabeth, mentioned earlier, used these, and within weeks her mood began to improve. “Still, I had to cultivate a positive attitude to work along with the drugs,” she said. “With the ‘push’ from the medicine, I was determined to get well. I also maintained a daily exercise program.”





However, the use of antidepressants is not always successful. There are also troublesome side effects for some. And even if the chemical malfunction is corrected, unless one’s thinking is corrected, the depression may return. Much relief, however, can come by being willing to . . .





Open Up Your Feelings





Sarah deeply resented the one-sided load of family responsibilities that she carried, as well as the pressures of a secular job. (See page 7.) “But I just stuffed my feelings inside me,” explained Sarah. “Then one night when I felt so hopeless, I phoned my younger sister, and for the first time in my life, I began to pour out my feelings. This was a turning point, as that call brought such relief.”





So, if depressed, seek out an empathetic person in whom you can confide. This one may be a marriage mate, close friend, relative, minister, doctor, or trained counselor. One of the essentials in defeating depression, according to a study reported in the Journal of Marriage and the Family, is “having a support helper available with whom to share the tribulations of life.”





Putting your feelings into words is a healing process that prevents your mind from trying to deny the reality of the problem or loss and, hence, leaving this unresolved. But open up your real feelings. Don’t allow a sense of false pride, wanting to have an undaunted-by-adversity appearance, to inhibit you. “Anxious care in the heart of a man is what will cause it to bow down, but the good word is what makes it rejoice,” states Proverbs 12:25. Yet, only by opening up can others begin to understand your “anxious care” and thus give that “good word” of encouragement.





“I just wanted sympathy when I called my sister, but I got a lot more,” recalled Sarah. “She helped me to see where my thinking was wrong. She told me that I was putting too much responsibility on myself. Though at first I didn’t want to hear this, when I began to apply her counsel, I could sense that a huge load began to be lifted.” How true are the words of Proverbs 27:9: “Oil and incense are what make the heart rejoice, also the sweetness of one’s companion due to the counsel of the soul.”





There is sweetness in having a friend or a mate who talks frankly and helps you to put things in proper perspective. This may help you to focus on just one problem at a time. So rather than becoming defensive, cherish such “skillful direction.” You may need someone who, after several conversations, can offer some short-term goals that will indicate steps you can take to change or modify your situation so as to reduce or eliminate the source of the emotional strain.





Fighting depression often requires contending with feelings of low self-esteem. How can these be skillfully resisted?





Fighting Low Self-Esteem





For instance, Maria, as the preceding article shows, became depressed after conflicts within her family. She concluded: ‘I am a terrible person and can’t do anything right.’ This was wrong. If she had just analyzed her conclusions, she could have challenged these by reasoning: ‘I do some things right and some wrong, just like other people. I made a couple of mistakes, and I need to work on being more thoug

No comments:

Post a Comment