Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who takes charge in your kitchen at dinner?

My hunny is off work right now cause he got a hawthorn stuck in his knee--now this has totallty thrown my routine off track, which is okay but last night I think I kinda lost it.





Now in this house I am the primary cooker (I give credit to him though cause he did teach me what I know) and every now and then on weekends or when he is on days, he cooks a dinner a or two and I leave him be--I let him do his thing and cook it the way he wants to...I only chip in when he asks for help.


So would it not be fair that I have my space in the kitchen when it comes to dinner? Even though he is off work right now, I do not mind if he helps me out *but when he takes right over and starts doing things without asking first, example being: starting veggies when they do not need to be started yet or *changing my gravy, I feel really annoyed cause it throws me off track. Now you other woman know what I mean right? I have things planned out and organised and in order...then here he comes mucking everything up! lol


He gets all flustered cause its hectic here in the kitchen at dinner time-he gets stressed out cause there is lots do and kids running around....so why not let me do what needs to be done instead of him ripping everyone's head off cause he cant handle the dinner madness?


Do any of you other ladies have this issue or have you made it clear that you are in charge of the kitchen and cooking or vice versa(your hunny cooks)? Have any of you been blessed with a man that communicates so that you can both cook together? How does it work in your house? He says I have no reason to be irratated...but I tell ya...I feel irratated. lolWho takes charge in your kitchen at dinner?
Aw, I'm sorry for ya! LOL My fiance is the primary cook in our household. He comes from a family that loves to cook, so he inherited that trait. And he is a damn good cook at that. He can throw anything together, and it is 99% of the time fantastic..Here is my problem...While I was on maternity leave last year, he got mad one evening saying that I ';never cook';. And that if he wants a nice, home-cooked meal, he has to do it himself. I felt bad, but he is the one ALWAYS planning dinner and cooking it, because he LIKES too...Well a few days after that, I went out and bought some stuff for dinner to surprise him. He got home from work at the time I started preparing everything. He was happy, and said thanks.Well, would you like me to tell you what happened?! Ok, I'll tell ya..He came in the kitchen and started telling me that I was doing stuff wrong with the meat I was preparing..So he fixed it and walked out. A few minutes later, he came in and didn't like how I was doing the veggies. And then he didn't like how the potatoes looked. He ended up finishing cooking dinner. I was FUMING! I told him he is not allowed to EVER complain about me not cooking again! So now, I'll cook about once, sometimes twice, a week..But he does the majority..SHEESH! :)Who takes charge in your kitchen at dinner?
I usually do, unless I've asked him specifically to cook the meal and be in charge of it. But he'll help out if I ask him.
I'm not a woman but I can relate. Although my wife doesn't change anything, just more or less gets in the way.
I wish my husband would cook and do more around the house in general. Why don't you just give up the job of cooking while he is off work and let him take it over for now. Enjoy the break and when he gets working again you can get back to your routine?





Don't let the kids run around in the kitchen when you are cooking...it will dimish the caos and be much safer.
I cook all the time. However, when my husband does - I let him make his mess, and it takes him forever - but I've learned to give up control, and just let him 'have at it'.


Stop being so controlling, and just enjoy having the break!


When we do cook together, one of us makes the main dish, the other does the sides. We bump bums, get racy with each other, dance, stop to kiss - kind of helps one resist the nagging!
I am ';lucky'; enough (if you could call it lucky since I do wish we could split the job) to be the only one that cooks in the house but I did have this problem with my ex. I would suggest things for him to do before we even entered the kitchen so we would be out of each others way. For example, tell him my plan for the chicken and suggest he do the side dishes. I find it's alot less annoying than turning around to prepare something and finding out he had already done it a different way than I liked. Then you could switch and he could do the main dish for a meal and you do the sides. You could always switch off nights as well, my parents did this when my Dad retired. Try not to discourage him, it's nice that he likes to cook! =)
tell him, ';i got it, why don't you go watch some tv or something and when i need something i'll let you know'; plain and simple. when it's dinner time, i tell my b/f and all the kids, out im cooking, if you want to eat then get out and let me cook. that's my time unless he wants to cook. he doesn't do that very often. You can start doing that with him if it doesn't work telling him the first thing and then when he says something then tell him that's what your doing to me. i think he's probably just trying to help tho.
  • wavy hair
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment