Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I tell my GF I need my own time without hurting her ?

I've been going out with my girl for about 3 months now, in that time I spend nearly everyday seeing her and can't even go half a day without making a phone call. Every weekend she would come over to my place and sleep over, we would find activities to do and we are sweet together , we loved it.





These 3 months I've just been going out with her so much i'm starting to feel I need a balance in my life and some space of my own, especially when I'm feeling a little down lately. I feel I need a little time for myself to do things, and think about things on my own.





I've tried talking to her about this but it didn't turn out so good. She's hooked on the fact that my feelings are starting to fade and now she's holding on tighter. She starts to question the calls I make more, she is unhappy when I hang out with my friends, when I don't let her know where I'm going, she says I don't call her much as before (which is probably true).





I tell her I need space and a little room, she says ';I understand but does making one little phone call mean not giving you room ?';, yes one little phone call doesn't mean not giving me room, but when it's one in the morning and lunch then when I leave work, then when I get home ... then yes I would say so.





I understand where she's coming from but there is no getting through to her, i've tried my best to communicate with her.





Men certainly are from Mars and women most definitely is from Venus !





I still like her just as much as before but how do I let her know that sometimes I need space of my own time to relax WITHOUT her ?How do I tell my GF I need my own time without hurting her ?
Hi :) Everyone needs their own personal time and space, let her know that you still care for her as much as ever, but you need some YOU time, don't let her guilt you into thinking your being unfair, that's not true at all. Sit her down and tell her how you feel, that you think you should both have time for independent activities, and that the time you spend apart, wont make you fade away, but just miss one another more, and in so, make your time together more special. Clingy isn't good, or healthy. You both need some ';you'; time to do your own things, be your own person and hang out with your own friends. Try to get her to hang out with her friends, and to take some time for herself to think up fun ideas for the both of you or to do other activities that bring her joy!


Hopefully i helped :)How do I tell my GF I need my own time without hurting her ?
Listen, I have been with my husband for 12 years and 7 of those we have been married. We were probably a few months into our relationship when we had the TALK. The talk is where you outline where you stand on nearly everything. One of those talking points was that we each needed space to keep in touch with friends and have a life outside of one another. We both agreed that smothering one another would wind up in breaking up. While trusting in our love allowed us to share each other with other people without feeling threatened. To this day, we are as happy as ever...he still goes and plays with his buddies but there are days that are family days. We usually go over a calendar when we get our work schedules and have tentative plans on family days and friend days so we can each make plans. hope that helps!
Okay. This is not an unfamiliar situation. My boyfriend used to feel the same way as you do. We've been together 3 years now and we have finally figured out how to keep each other happy and have balanced lives.


When you tell her how you feel, be sensitive. Make sure you tell her that you still really like her and have no intention of ending the relationship. Tell her why you like her, and tell her that you care about her a lot. Just let her know that you need to spend some more time with the guys because they are feeling left out? And more than just TELLING her that you still care, you have to show her. Even if you see her less often, you can still call to say that she's special, even if you're not going to see her that day. And every now and then, do something special or romantic for her - this will keep her feeling secure about the relationship even if you can't see her as much. The thing is, she is afraid of losing you, especially after seeing each other every day, so you need to see her less often, but show how much you care at the same time so that she will feel secure and happy and safe, and then she wont freak out or smother you. Make sure you communicate properly that you really still want to be with her, but that you need to be apart from her some of the time.


She probably will get mad at you or be hurt, but if she's a good girlfriend, she'll forgive you and get over it, and some point in the future if you are still together, she'll look back on this and understand.
wow well take her out to dinner or lunch then after invite her over to ur place to watch a movie. (dont have sex though!) after the movie explain to her how much u love her but that u need a smidge of space ut that u dont want to brake up with her have a nice deep disscusion about how u dont plan to leave her then have ice scream or something if shes not pissed at u!





good luk!
USE THE WORDS I USED ;





YO BUDDY .


I DONT LIKE U .


YOU GOTTA GO .





BYEBYE ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment