Friday, August 20, 2010

How to build good relationships with men at work?

hi, i want to be able to have laugh and build good rapport with my male colleagues, bosses etc.





can you advice how to go about it? I am 31 year old, and attractive women. I am divorced now. I have often felt that men start getting more attracted than needed if I start communicating more . Not worried about all but the good looking and attached ones. I don't want to give people wrong impression but still be able to express my respect and affection to my colleagues.





can it be achieved?How to build good relationships with men at work?
Ahhh i know exactly where your coming from, had this issue myself on many an occasion.


What i find works is to think of them all as my brothers (minus the punch-ups), i know this sounds unusual, but it really works. I don't know how but people often seem to sense how it is that you feel or think about them. If you are flirting, guys know and although they might play along they won't respect you. If you are afraid of them, they will pick this up, then your at risk of being bullied or trampled on.


It all comes down to mutual respect.


All the best :-)How to build good relationships with men at work?
Well I guess it depends on how the conversations start and where they lead to. If you are speaking to a male colleague and you talk about general things to start with, then you're on safe ground. when it gets a bit complicated is guaging their joke range which can be tricky in a work environment. For example if you're speaking to a male colleague who then goes down the innuendo route if you proceed in the same way then this may be misconstrued, so unless you have established that you're single and not looking for anything from them (if they're in a relationship and they mention their other halves then ask how they are every now and then, that way they know you're not interested) AND you feel you're a little more than colleagues then this would be fine. But generally especially with bosses it's all about just sticking to well, safe topics if you like, and not getting overly friendly in terms of touchy feely with them, and things to that effect. You can still commnicate with any male colleague as long as there's no flirting going on, not even harmless ones, unless they've gone from colleague to friend and they know where you're coming from etc.





I hope that helped, somehow, good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment