Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm ready for him to pop the question....how can I communicate with him about this...what would you men do?

I have been dating someone very special to me for 5 years. I lived in the same city as him and have lived an hour away for the last 3 years to finish my bachelors degree. He has a very stable job in his town. We recently looked at rings 2 months ago. He even surprised me by taking me to look at a particular place. (def. knew it was way out of our price range) but he did it for some reason..hmm? We both agreed on a particular ring style. He has been married before. He is 15 years older than me but it poses no problem to our relationship. I am 25, no children and have supported myself after high school and through college. I feel like my heart is ready for marriage because eventually I would like to have a child. But after looking at rings there has been cold feet? I just wait but its really confusing me. I don't push him because I want him to make the decision from his heart. He loves me a lot but then I get frustrated.I'm ready for him to pop the question....how can I communicate with him about this...what would you men do?
If you want your man to pop the question, the only way you're gonna get him to do this is if you talk about the issue. Most men are not good at reading minds so you are going to have to come out with it. Somewhere along the lines, ';Where do you think this relationship is taking us?'; That would probably get me thinking.. Don't think you're pressuring him because you are actually doing him a favour of letting him know how you feel instead of having him read your painful mind games. I'm very sure he does want to settle down with you, just make it clear that you do, too.I'm ready for him to pop the question....how can I communicate with him about this...what would you men do?
you have to ask -be direct with men
I don't think he will marry you especially if he is that much older.





I am sure he is getting everything he wants already, sex, attention friendship and he sees no benefit in tying the knot.


What do you think his benefit is in marrying you??





The obvious benefit is for you, to have kids, your own family.etc.





It might be time to give him an ultimatum that you marry or break it off.
Well in my last relationship (5 years).. we went looking for rings as well. I was led to believe that we were gonna take that step, we weren't living together, but we lived close by and like you I put myself through my education. He was in a management position for a computer software company.. but in the end it seemed like he wasn't sure about taking that step. He never married before so I thought it would be nervousness.. and I know what you mean about being seen as more than ';the girlfriend';... I didn't push him at all although I was going nuts. Until I approached it on our 5th year anniversary. I asked him if he still felt that we were perfect together or if he could foresee that future we discussed the year before. He said he didn't want to talk about that at the moment.. so I told him that I knew where he stood in my life and I also knew where my place is.. and that is with him. But I was not going to spend another year hoping that this will be the year I wil become his fiancee. He didn't reply but sighed. I made him understand that I wasn't trying to pressure him but that if he can't decide after being together for so long then perhaps we should just end here.





It was a sad end to a beautiful relationship but it had to happen. After it ended I was told by his mother that it was a good thing that I did that because it made him realize that life is not about him and that he will be loosing a lot of special things in life if he continues with his selfishness.





After about year or two I began dating again.. he still kept in touch with me wondering what I was doing. I can't say that I moved on completely at thetime but I wasn't going to sit around and waste my young years for him either. I'm currently dating a great man for the last 2 years and already began talking about marriage... but I'm a bit weary about it because of the experience with my ex.


As life would have it...my current boyfriend is one of my ex's main business investors.





Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment