Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm at college and my grandfather is at home dying....?

I found out about it the day before yesterday, after I got back to school, and apparently he has a fatal infection and could die any minute. I wish I could communicate how much this man has meant to me and what an amazing person he is. I'm just distraught and I can't focus on anything else. I barely made it through yesterday's classes and I've been crying ever since. I have no idea how I'm going to deal with tomorrow's classes without falling apart. My friend's are trying to help, but I think I need to be alone.





I just don't know what to do...





I know that God knows what he's doing and I've been calling on him and putting my faith in him, but oh this is so difficult.





I'm not sure what I'm expecting by putting this out there....I know there are no answers and that I'll probably just get a bunch of responses telling me that God isn't real and that I'm on my own....





but I know that He IS real.








I guess I just need someone to empathize..I'm at college and my grandfather is at home dying....?
rebelduck, listen to me.





I'm a grandfather.





Us grandfathers - we have a habit of dying.





It's as simple as that - and hey, you know what?


We know already how much our grandchildren love us.


We don't need to be told.


We can see it in your eyes.





Go about your life rebelduck.


This is something we all have to go through.I'm at college and my grandfather is at home dying....?
i am sorry for ur unfortunate situation. i don't want u to take this the wrong way at ALL. i just want to encourage you to see the positives...in any situation, no matter how negative they may seem.





first of all..i think you are SO very lucky to have such a great relationship w/ ur grandfather!! my grandparents on my father's side were never very nice or close to us, and died when i was in college........ and my grandfather on my mother's side died when my mother was 9...my grandmother had alzheimer's for over 10 years and didn't know who i was when i went to visit her when i was 8....... anyways, i'm just trying to say that i am Happy for you that u had the chance to be impacted by a wonderful grandfather. he obviously was a great man, for u to think of him so highly. it is sad that he is getting older and sicker, but u Have to try and be strong, and see the positive things that you can be thankful for. do ur best to let him know you love him while he's still here...and when he passes, do your best to show the world how much he means to you BY being your best!!! study harder, be a better student, be a better, person, be a better friend, daughter, sister, niece..Because you have been positively blessed by knowing someone and being close to someone as wonderful as your grandfather.





i think you will be fine..it may take sometime to get thru the tough times.....and u may need to be alone for awhile...but remember, try to surround yourself w/ Positive things. family, friends...not to forget him, but to Celebrate him, and take care of him and be with him as he fights for his life right now. there are Always going to be horrible things in this world, we are not safe from them. but we CAN learn to surround ourselves with Health, Positivity, Goodness, Righteousness, Happiness, Love, Friends, Family...*so that* no matter what happens, u will be strong enough to get thru it. take care, and good luck~
Just make sure that you know how much your grandfather loves you and that you know that he knows how much you love him. It will be hard and it will continue to be hard but you will get through it.





I'm very sorry to hear your family is going through this difficult time.
I hope your grandfather recovers. Keep the faith. God has a plan for you and your grandfather, whether in this life or the next.
God is real and will help you just ask for it. I say try to go see your grandad if possible. Maybe you can make some peace, its hard to deal with Ive been there. Pray..Good luck your not alone..
Hey Rebelduck,





Having lost both my grandfathers i can really feel your pain. Trust that God is able to heal your grandfather but also understand that a reality of people growing old is that people do suffer through difficult illness that sometimes result in death.





From what you've shared it seems that your grandfather has really lived a life with so much to be proud of. i will pray for you and also encourage you to try to be their for your mom- when my grandfather passed away it was so hard on my mom and she told my brother and i she never could have made it through without us.





Prayer: Jesus, please comfort Rebelduck and her family. Allow them in this difficult time to draw closer to you and just for the family to sense your presence and your help. i pray that you would heal Rebel's grandfather and whatever discomfort he may be feeling please do minimize it. i pray that your grace will be upon Rebel as she has school and things to deal with in her life that are very difficult because of her concern for her family. Thank you for giving her such a kind heart to comfort others- and i pray that you will comfort her in the way that only you can Lord. Help her to keep her eyes upon you and to find her strength and hope in You. In Jesus name.





i'll keep praying for u and if you need to share/vent, or anything feel free to email: nicksterlee@yahoo.com





Kindly,





Nickster
I lost ,y grandparents 10 years ago, and not a day goes by where I dont miss them. They were the absolute coolest. My grandmother was a total non conformist, and helped build the planes that my grandfather fler (B17) in WW2. If I were you, I would go home after explaining to your school the situation. Be with your grandfather. As fo God, well, one day, after they had both died, like a year after, I heard in my head a combination of their voices and they said ';Stop wasting your time';. Ill never forget it. So that is my reccomendation. Dont wait for God to make an appearance. Do what would make your grandpa proud, and dont waste your time doing it. :o) I cant believe someone gave my answer a thumbs down. What sort of unfeeling jerk would do such a thing? I paused, so that I could think, and have an answer near the top so it would be seen, because I am VERY empathic, and I feel very much for you because of the relationship I enjoyed with my grandparents for 26 years. Shame on you to whoever negged me.
WOW!!! I am so sorry to hear that. Please don't ever think that God isn't real. He is VERY REAL!! Is there a way you could take a short break from classes to go be with him? I am saddened by your situation, and wish I could make it better for you. He is very lucky to have a granddaughter as special as you.
Oh, I'm sorry. My grandpa died just over a year ago. You might want to start writing how you feel. In my grandpa's case, we think it was heart failure exacerbated by being hit by someone in the nursing home where he was living (a resident, we think, who didn't have full control of her or his emotions or physical reactions). I ended up writing about 30 pages of all the memories I had of him. I found that Psalms in the Bible is very, very comforting. In my case, since I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I also found that the Book of Mormon was comforting. Remember, people think the world of you, and you will see your grandfather again someday. The Resurrection isn't as far away as it used to be.
I'm so sorry; I'll be praying for you. Really, if you could ask your grandfather I'm sure he would want you to continue your studies and do well.
Death is welcome. Pain and suffering is not. Death is sweet release. All that can be done is done.


I am no friend of loss. The loss of a loved one is so very difficult. We tend to hold on to the pain of our loss and the grief as we would hold onto the one we have lost. Sometimes we think that by holding onto grief we hold onto them.


Greave, feel the loss. respect and honor the one who has passed.


Then honor them too by carring on with your life.
I wish you all the best. Your grandpa is with safe hands of God. Whatever his destiny will be, it's gonna be for his own advantage. God is all merciful. Stay strong.
Wow! sorry to hear about your grandfather. Is it that far away that you can't be there? If it is, just remember the good times you had with him and keep him close to your heart!


good luck!


and hang in there...i'm sure it's all normal, everything you're feeling.
God's good but life is tough. One of the greatest comforts to me is that God mourns with us when we suffer. I'll pray for you and your grandpa :)
%26lt;warm loving hugs%26gt; Shhhh.. I know how much you're hurting sweetie.. and it's alright. I will pray for both your grandfather and you..


Is there someone you can talk to at college, like a counselor.. Chaplin. Maybe find a nearby church and go inside.. Maybe light a candle..


You're never alone in this.. God is with you.. and most, if not all, who read this, will be with you as well. %26lt;holds you, and gently rocks%26gt;
you said '; I wish I could communicate how much this man has meant to me and what an amazing person he is ';


you just did :o)


there is no doubt how much you love this man ... and it is that love that will hold him close to your heart even in death


love to you and im sending healing thoughts and prayers that he passes safely and peacefully to his new home when the time is right for him


much love xxx
Talk to a counslor or advisor and see if you can take off from your classes to visit your grandfather (you are not the first student this has happened to, your school should have some sort of plan for this type of occurance). If that isn't an option, write a letter to your grandfather telling him how much you love him and maybe recounting some happy memories that someone could read to him at the hospital for you.


This is a difficult time for anybody, don't be too hard on yourself, there is no real ';right or wrong'; way to deal with it.


Let your professors know what is going on with you, too, so that they will understand if you are distracted in class. Most people have lost someone, so they should understand.





And anyone who picks now to rag on you about your faith is a heartless b*****d who should have their a**es kicked!
my grandfather passed away 1 year ago I feel what your are going through it was a hard time for my whole family. My grandfather was in Mexico so we all went back. You just need to think of it this way he won't be suffering anymore.
Dear sister, let me start out by saying that I'm so sorry for this desert you're walking through right now. Know this though, God is never far from you. He rejoices when you rejoice and he cries when you cry. Know that He is hurting for you and your family right now. He is tucking your Gfather safely under His wing. His Will will be done.





I pray for healing for your Gfather; but more importantly, I pray that your Gfather's relationship is right with the Lord and that if God is ready to take him home, I pray it's quick and painless. I pray for Christ to hold you close and fill you with strength, comfort, and peace.





Let us know how you and your Gfather are doing.





Love %26amp; hugs to you in Christ...
the Creator is real, don't let anybody tell you otherwise





sorry for what you are going through. Let your friends know you appreciate their help but would like to be alone.





Don't worry about the classes too much, you can always catch up later and you need to give yourself some time.
Hopefully Grandpappy is also a believer, in which case you should celebrate his upcoming transition.... Same thing I thought when my Grandma died

No comments:

Post a Comment