Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How long does it take before an ex becomes civil to you after divorce? kids involved?

Its been 7 years!! My ex still gives me a hard time!! He continues to be rude, angry, and resentful after seven years! Gives me a hard time about driving his son home, never offers to watch my son if i have to work late hours, complains about visitation (wants him every other weekend instead of every weekend), wont come to the door with my son, wont say ';hello'; or ';goodbye';





How long does it take before they become nice or civil? I always here of other divorced couples being civil to each other or communicating.





why are men bitter towards their exwives ?How long does it take before an ex becomes civil to you after divorce? kids involved?
Everyone is different, that's for sure. I don't feel there's any set time, as you're obviously finding out. I feel a lot of it depends on how upsetting %26amp; how bad things were at the time of the divorce. Some people it takes longer for them to ';let go'; of certain things. You're finding out it's taking more than the ';norm'; w/him tho because 7 yrs. IS a good long time in all reality. I do feel he's doing a great job of dragging it out tho which is NOT your norm. He's had plenty of time by now to at least to have started by now anywayHe's taking longer inmy estimation than he should. There's something that he's holding on to that's keeping him from letting go %26amp; keeping him from being 1/2 way civil tho. I don't know IF things were bitter when the two of you split, %26amp; for some reason he can't seem to let go of it. I just think he's carrying it overboard tho, which has to make it harder on your son too. He certinally should ';let go'; of it by now nonetheless, like I said, at lest for the sake of your son IF nothing less. He's NOT taking his feelings into consideration, which is NOT fair. I don't know if you could speak to him %26amp; find out just what IS THE PROBLEM, %26amp; possibly be ble to clear things up for your son's sake. Just ashame tho. Maybe see IF you CAN do/say something about making something out of nothing,,,best to you...:)How long does it take before an ex becomes civil to you after divorce? kids involved?
Honey, try to do whatever you can, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR SON! He's also getting/taking the brunt of what went on between the TWO OF YOU, %26amp; this should NOT involve/hurt your son. He HAS to be one MISERABLE person inside to keep this going this long. I DO wish you the BEST. Sue Crossen...:)

Report Abuse



Maybe YOUR atty. can talk to HIS atty. %26amp; can find out just what's going on w/him. By the time span of 7 yrs., he should have ';let go'; of it all. He must have been one MISERABLE person to have lived with, no wonder you wanted ';out'; from the likes of him...:) Hang in, hope the attys. CAN do it 4 you.

Report Abuse



It sounds like your husband see's you now as the just mother of his children and has no feelings toward you. It also depends on who asked for the divorce or if someone was cheating on why he acts like this. It may not hurt to talk to your ex and find out why he can't be more civil to you. A simple ';Hello'; or ';goodbye'; wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately some men never get over the divorce and are bitter at their ex wives because they hurt them too badly. This whole situation is too bad because your son is learning this type of behavior. Best of luck.
I have been divorced for 25 years. And remarried 22 years, and, all I can say is my ex... Is just that an Ex piece of work. but, it took 20 years for him to be civil, after I raised the kids without help from him. but, I am civil because of them and Grand kids too.


As you get older, you mellow out and find that piece. Good Luck to you.
Some never do. Got divorced from a rude man now he is showing his true colors. I've been divorced 5 year and still I can't get a civil word.
I think it totally depends on the personality of the individual you chose to mate with the first place.
It takes from a week to a century. If it has been seven years, then most likely he will never be civil to you.
Its been 13yrs for my husband and he still refers to the ex as the btich
He is bitter because he prob isnt over you yet. You should have a one on one talk with him.....can u answer my question
It's not going to happen. Didn't you notice that he was an @ss when you were married?





My ex and I started out civil.
well i dont blame him at all what do you mean he has him every weekend does that seem fair to you ????and all the rest of the people that answered this might want to get a bit or a grip on things every weekend hmmmm whaT DO YOU DO THAT YOU NEVER WANT YOUR OWN CHILD ON THE WEEKEND ???? PARTY TOO MUCH ???You see life is funny and people have good reasons to resent other people at times if they are not being fair and oh your come back of course is i have him all week long lol see what i mean why do you and your hubby not arrange two weeks on two weeks off it would be much healthier for your son you and your ex I raise two girls and they are 14 and 11 have three sons 19 18 17 by myself and i never get a weekend or a week or a day off and nor would i want one i am their father you want an answer why dont you ask him your ex and if you cheated on him before you broke up with him dont expect him to ever be any more then uncivil to you good luck communication is key ,

No comments:

Post a Comment