Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to deal with a husband who....?

Leaves me all the time.





Example...this evening, we had a major blowout. I am 2 months pregnant, and so hormonal. I feel bad yes,, but he gives me no chance to try and rectify the situation!


He stormed out of the house, smashing, and punching things along the way. Now I have no idea where he is, or what to do. Any other wives out there have any advice on how to communicate with a man who acts like a 5 year old? Or is this all men?How to deal with a husband who....?
Its def. not all men - if my husband ever acted that way he'd find himself with walking papers!





I understand that your pregnant and hormonal and all those lovely things that goes with being pregnant - but that's no excuse for him to act the way that he did - my question here is was the pregnancy planned or did it ';just happen'; if not a planned event he might be feeling a bit trapped and resentful - just a thought - you might want to look into some counseling - that is if he's willingHow to deal with a husband who....?
The part that concerns me about you situation is the punching and smashing. If he is so angry that he will destroy things it may only be a matter of time before he puts his hands on you.





As far as storming out of the house, I don't necessarily see a problem with that. It may not be the ';right way'; to handle a problem but I walk away from some arguments with my wife because to stay around her is going to make the situation worse. In my experiences, trying to talk to an angry spouse or gf never works. The guy usually gets the cold shoulder or a gf/spouse with an attitude. I don't know about most guys but that really pisses me off, especially when I am trying to have a rational and mature conversation about the problem. Unfortunately, my wife usually ends up slamming dishes and not responding to any type of talk. So why stick around and get pissed. I learned how to shut the hell up, let her cool off and then just come back and talk. Cooler heads generally prevail and we don't have to worry about saying something we don't mean.
Some people, not just men are afraid of confrontations, and the only way to avoid it is by leaving. I use to do the same thing, of course I know better now that I have matured. Hell could be braking lose and I would just storm out, running away from the problem that I was too afraid to confront because, again, I hated confrontations.





This behavior leads me to believe this man is very young or at least inexperienced in relationships. Do not judge him too harshly. Eventually he will outgrow his tantrums, as long as he is not violent with you in any way and just leaves, although the punching and smashing things is an early sign of possible future physical abuse and I highly recommend you seek anger management for him.
Oooh, if my husband did that, he'd have hell to pay. Walking out on me even when we're having a disagreement is NOT cool.





However, is your husband ready to talk when he gets back, or does he clam up and refuse to fix it? If he talks when you get back, then there are too possibilities... 1) he has a violent temper and is aware of it, but is afraid of doing something bad so he gets away until he can calm down, or 2) it's a power move to declare that HE has the upper hand, and you'll only discuss things when HE is good and ready.
He needs some counseling. No all men do not act like this, only the ones with anger problems and ones that need to grow up. This is not going to work with a baby in the house. You cannot put one through this. He needs to be told that he needs to settle things like a man. Every thing does not have to turn into this and he needs to stay and discuss it.
That's what you asked to keep. Why do women always blame guys nobody told you to have sex to get pregnant and think that your always going to be together because of that. If you had a head on your shoulders you would have left and get child support. I guess you love that soap Opera life.
First of all you dont have sex with men who act like 5 year olds, or marrying them, or have children by them. you need to set this child straight or else leave him, because it will only get worse when the baby arrives.
Mine does this also when we have a blowout. He will usually storm out of the house and be gone for a few hours. When he comes back I have no idea where he has been and he says nothing to me.
I wouldn't have married him to begin with. A marriage won't survive without the most important component and that component is communication. Your marriage was doomed before it began.
damn when the baby is born he is going to be a real help. i would be glad he left. now change the locks while he is gone.
  • wavy hair
  • best myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment