Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What other ways can you communicate in a marriage?

Everytime I say more than 3 words my husband thinks i'm complaining. I'm just letting him know how I feel about things. How can he know how I feel if I don't tell him.





Is there some other way to get through to him....I guess with out talking.





Men: how do you want us to communicate with you?What other ways can you communicate in a marriage?
Something that has worked for me, I have a hard time sometimes communicating what's on my mind sometimes with my wife, face to face, and for me, I find that at times I express myself better by writing it down, or typing it out in a message on-line. And sometimes, it gets across better without the confusion of body language or even the tone.





I know that works for me, when I don't know how to express how I feel with my wife without trying to think I'm attacking.What other ways can you communicate in a marriage?
Let him know that you need to talk and vent and you just want him to listen. It is in how you communicate to him, not what you communicate. Men think on different lines then women. Read ';Men are from mars, Women are from venus'; excellent reference book, for a married couple that want';IT'; to really work.
dont just jump into waht is bothering you....talk about all the things you are happy about, including him and then try working oyur way, slowly, into the things that are bothering you
Maybe you are leading with your Body Language. 55% of communication is body language, 38% is tonality. Maybe your tone or expression puts him on the defensive.





There's also a possibility he's an @ss. Is he defensive about everything? Does he disagree with what you say most of the time? Sometimes people use attack as a defense.





If it's your body language, try to adjust it. If you find most of his communication with you is negative, seek help. There's a group called FLAG Family Life Action Group, that offers a good course to make good marriages better. It's called 'Marriage Encounters'. Although it's non-denominational it's associated with Catholic Dioceses. It's an international group and here in Singapore it's attended by; Christians, Muslims, Hindus and agnostics.





Give it a try and Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment