Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This REALLY rankles me *and* has me spooked...?

I joined a few on-line dating sites as the supply of good *and* available men in my area of the country leaves a lot to be desired. I've been communicating with one man who lives over an hour away in the same state as I. The problem is this, I had indirectly mentioned where I worked, not a direct location, just a category. Well, he was already at my workplace yesterday as I was coming in. I noticed him standing there, but he never approached me.





This sort of behavior totally freaks me out as we ';met'; through the Internet. We've never met in person, never talked and have never dated.





As far as I'm concerned, you only get ONE chance to make a good first impression and not only did he steal *my* moment in the sun, but he blew his!





That, and I feel rushed and am not thrilled about this, in the least... We've only been in touch since the 16th of last month and it's only the 26th of *this* month.





Why are people is such a freakin' hurry to meet and then to possibly screw things up??? I just don't get it.





I'm also afraid that, should I express the way I feel, since he knows where I work, it could present problems if I decide NOT to pursue anything with him, any further.





Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I work directly with the public and a good portion of my co-workers know where I live. How am I supposed to know that they won't blab where I live, not knowing that they're not supposed to??? (They're kids; *literally* kids!)This REALLY rankles me *and* has me spooked...?
I would go to the local police department and just tell them what you just wrote...this way it has been reported. They won't have to take any actions on it but at least they will be aware. Is there was some way that you could stress to your co workers that you are creeped out by this guy and to not under any circumstances give out any information about you especially where you live. I wonder why he didn't approach you unless he thought he could get a good look at you without you knowing just so he would see what you look like in person. Either way if you both know what each other looks like he should have said something to you. Have you talked to him since, did he mention anything about coming to your work? I would ask him why he was there and if he drove an hour to come to your work ask him why he didn't say anything to you or approach you.This REALLY rankles me *and* has me spooked...?
You need to contact him and tell him how you feel. You may want to tell him that he crossed the line as far as privacy issues are concerned. I think I would tell him that he needs to find someone else and that you found the experience freaky at best! By the way, Im not sure how you knew it was him unless it was from his photo. I would want to be sure it was him before I accused him of it.
First, be very careful about this guy.. Second, tell your boss and these ';Kids'; t never tell anyone personal info.





I think though too, giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, that he may have been thinking what better way to test you. He may have had someone say, ';I'm this hot super model.'; Only to find she was a 400lb woman stuck at home.
i'd tell the kids not to say anything and tell the man that he caught you off guard and made you realize you weren't exactly ready to meet him... and maybe throw in that he is uber creepy and should leave you alone
Online dating isnt safe.
Hey, are you sure that he was there to see you and not there for another reason? Because it seems weird that he wouldn't approach you or say hello, why would he just go there? If you are positive that he was there for you i would just start to ignore this weirdo. Don't reply to his emails as much and just ell him basically that you are too busy to continue emailing on a frequent basis due to work (even say you have found someone) and that you will only be able to keep in contact everynow and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment