Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Single mom moving to Denmark from the USA has a few question.?

Hey everyone. I am an American born and raised (but I'm actually half Danish, by blood.) I have never even been outside of the USA. I am currently dating someone who lives in Denmark. I'm wanting to move there with my two kids. We are talking about the first of the year as the magic date. Does anyone have any advise for me. Is it difficult to move there from the USA. I know they pretty much all speak English also (thank heavens so me and my man can communicate...hehehe,) but how does it work for English speaking kids moving there and attending school? I am planning on working with my kids to learn some Danish before we go. I actually have learned a little so far. But how does the schools work there? My kids will be 6 and 8 when we go. (Kindergarten and 3rd grade here in the states.) Does kids struggle making this change at their ages?


Also, I heard that Americans don't need a visa there. Is this at all true? If not, any ideas how I go about getting one and how long it takes to get it. Do my kids need anything like that?


Also about the CPR? (is that correctly called?) How can I get one? Can I get it from here before I move?


Please any advise anyone can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!! I am a friendly person open for any suggestions or help!!


And thank you very much for helping me out.


CristenSingle mom moving to Denmark from the USA has a few question.?
www.nyidanmark.dk/en-US/





It might be a good idea for you o check this page first. It will give you a lot of the needed info.





If you and your children are not Danish citizens, you can't just move to Denmark - there are some procedures that will have to be cleared first. If you have dual citizenship, it should not be that big a problem.





Americans are among the nationalities, where a visa is not required, so that allows you to stay in Denmark for 3 months.





The children will be in preschool for the 6 year old, and second grade for the 8 year old. Children that age, usually learn new languages very fast, but it is super, that you are teaching them a bit before getting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment