Monday, August 16, 2010

Is your husband or boyfriend as easy to talk to as your closest girlfriend?

I find I laugh, joke, banter back and forth and generally can tell my girlfriend stuff my husband would find boring. I just wondered if this is a common thing or if I just don't know how to communicate with a man! He does not act that interested in stuff I tell him. Is that normal with guys?Is your husband or boyfriend as easy to talk to as your closest girlfriend?
I go through the same thing...my husband has a completely different career than I do...and since he hated going through grade school (which is what I teach), we don't really talk about my job. I don't really like that aspect, but essentially, he does find it boring. We do, however, talk about many other things that don't include our jobs.





I believe the way we can talk to our best girlfriend is completely different than how we can talk to our husbands. There may be some women who consider their husbands their best friend and oh how wonderful they can talk talk talk and laugh laugh laugh aaaaalllllll day and night....then I check back into reality because don't married couples have finances to work through, children to rear? I don't know but, this isn't a perfect world! Life would be pretty boring if we just had our husbands to talk to all day and night....and it was laugh laugh laugh all the time. We all have ups and downs, good days and bad days and differences that can either make or break our relationships or marriages...this is fact, not a fairytale...





If your husband doesn't find what you have to say interesting...it does throw up red flags...is he nice to you? Are you happy? Does he respect and love you the way you need to be? If not, I'd sit him down and express how you feel...because in time...it can lead to bigger problems.





Good luck to you....and know that there are other women out here with the same situation...!!Is your husband or boyfriend as easy to talk to as your closest girlfriend?
I can talk with him about anything


and it is the same for him


we laugh at just about everything together
I find it way easier to talk to my husband about stuff then my two best friends. I mean, I am sure my best girl friend is more interested in the dress I saw at the mall the other day, but my hubby sure as heck tries to pretend he is interested. He will ask questions and make comments and that is all I need. He and I are like best friends. It is a lot of fun to hang out with him. I have fun with my best friends too, and we of course can talk all day long, but there is the special connection with my husband.
I can tell my hubby anything. He is my best friend. We share every thing. We also have a lot of fun.
I can talk to my husband about more things than I can talk to my girlfriends. He isnt always interested in the things I am talking about, but he always gives me the courtesy of listening to me. He is my best friend and I can and do tell him everything. Even when my closest girlfriends tell me something and tell me not to tell anyone, i keep their secrets, but not from my husband. Maybe its wrong, but he wont tell anyone and I dont like to keep anything thats in my head away from him.
What you describe is a very common thing and one of our many blessings in life. To have a female best friend is a wonderful thing.


Your husband is ALSO your Bestfriend (another unique relationship), in a completely different way.


Not too much different than him talking about Nascar or Boxing or Football to his male friends. You'd find that boring too!


The relationship a woman has with her female best friend is as unique as the Mother / Daughter, Husband / Wife, Father / Son relationships.


The ONLY significant difference between all of the other relationships and the one you have with your husband.. is that the relationship you have with your husband should ALWAYS be priority.
Of course it's normal. We don't have to share all of our interests to love one another. As women we tend to have known our friends longer than our spouses so they are by default easier to talk to because they know what we mean when we say cryptic things or know the back story so we don't have to explain things to them to have a conversation.
yes guyz are so weird. i communicate better w/ my girl friends,
Society (and femme magazines) always push the idea of your man being your ';best friend'; but reality is he shouldnt be, thats why you have your gal pals! Leave some mystery, no need to discuss everything with him! Its only a problem if you dont share ANYTHING in common and have nothing to talk about =)
I think so too. I can talk to my 2 best friends about anything. My husband on the other hand, not as much, he doesn't pay enough attention, its not as important than say a nascar race being rained out to him. But if I am on the phone with my friends talking endlessly, he will chime in with comments and then the topic is open for discussion with him. It aggravates me, but at least I know how to get him interested in a conversation!
I find my girl friend easier to talk to than my wife. We can go hours talking about stuff that my wife finds so boring. Heck I even talk to her about chick stuff and enjoy it.


Funny thing is that she says the same thing about her husband as I say about my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment