Friday, August 20, 2010

Why are men so insensitive? But they expect us to handle things?

If I want to tell my husband something he shouldn't get all upset?


He tells the kids and I things all the time?


What if every time he told us things we got mad?


I just don't get it ,men stick together no matter what?


I asked a question earlier and some men responded like he would?


Why? Because they are men?


Then how can we women communicate with our husbands if they react like this?


What choices do we women have? If we have to walk on egg shells?


If something is wrong no matter what it is we should be able to talk about it?


Any more opinions?Why are men so insensitive? But they expect us to handle things?
This isn't really about your husband. This is about your boundaries. Are you afraid of him? Physically or emotionally. What do you think he's going to do if you set personal boundaries for yourself? Do you think he'll leave? Do you think you won't have a husband? Do you think you won't have the financial support that you do now?





Not ALL men stick together on these kind of things. I had to look and look to find one who didn't because I grew up in an abusive home and had a 20 year marriage with an abusive man. Once I decided that I was looking for a best friend, not a husband, I was able to find that man. He's not perfect. We have still had some major bumps in the road, but I am NOT afraid to yell at him, tell him my thoughts, etc.





This is abusive behavior, verbal and psychological abuse when you are afraid to talk.


*Why are men so insensitive? But they expect us to handle things?
';Women who are emotionally abused describe ';mind-games'; or ';crazy-making'; tactics, where the abuser may contradict a woman, fabricate stories, deny or minimize his actions, or act inconsistently:';


http://www.womanabusepreventio鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



If you want to tell your husband something, tell him. His reaction is his choice - don't own it.





When he tells you/the kids something your reaction is your choice. It really is that simple. You are making it complicated by expecting he should react a certain way, he shouldn't react as he does, etc. and interpreting his reaction as insensitive. You are also assuming he expects you to handle things, etc. These are your choices - own them.





If they're not working for you, make different choices and you will have a different result.
sorry you lost me. try rewording it and dont talk hypothetically.
Ahhh........I think your question mark key is stuck or something.
sounds like u are young and confused
First off, I hope you don't bombard your husband with large numbers of questions all at once, like you did here lol. Maybe you are with the wrong man - a man who just doesn't know how to respect others (women.. you), doesn't have manners (less than the average man anyway), has anger issues... maybe all of the above.. If you feel like you are always walking on ';egg shells'; with him, I don't think that's normal. Even though I think it IS normal to feel like women are superior and men are just dumb and unable to process information (haha), I mean that is just part of dealing with the opposite sex sometimes. But if he makes you feel BAD on a regular basis, it sounds like it is more than just a gender difference...

No comments:

Post a Comment