Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you communicate the negative aspects of your life to men without sounding too negative?

I heard that negativity is one of a guy's biggest turn offs from a girl.





i'm a natural pessimist, and when i'm honest and open and communicative with guys, i noticed a lot of negative ideas come out.





I don't want to be a bitter complainer that burden's a man's life, but I would also be fake if i smiled all day. So, i'm wondering....How can I share what i feel without driving a guy insane?How do you communicate the negative aspects of your life to men without sounding too negative?
Look for the silver lining.





Don't just complain at him, try to find out what he thinks you should do. Men are by nature problem solvers. If you tell him, he is gonna be solutions oriented. So kinda be prepared for that. If you show genuine interest in what he thinks about it, it will be a turn on to him not a turn off.How do you communicate the negative aspects of your life to men without sounding too negative?
Most of the time, communication is not what you say but how you say it. If you whine, guys will turn off
You don't. People in general are not interested in your personal negative history and/or opinions. Want to ';share'; that kind of stuff, then you go to a shrink. Nobody else wants to hear it. That's just the way things are. Everybody has their own set of problems.





You must ask yourself, would you enjoy listening to someone like yourself? Would you want to hang around with that person?





I didn't think so.
I'm the same way. In fact, my boyfriend and I just had a fight about this last night. The only thing that I've come up with, aside from just not sharing anything with him, is to watch how I word what I'm saying. Instead of saying, ';I can't stand the way that table looks there'; I'd say, ';I think the table would look better over here.'; It's taking a negative and wording it as a positive. It takes a lot of work, and is somewhat sad that we'd have to change our personalities in order for someone to be happy with us, but I suppose it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment