Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why do guys prefer to communicate over text?

So I went out on a first date with a guy and had a lot of fun. He said he had fun also. He called me the next day, and I was sleeping so he said to call him back. I did and he did not answer his phone so I left a message. I never heard back from him, except through text messages. He texts me every morning to say have a good day at work, in the middle of the day to see how work is going and every evening to see how work was. I texted him and told him to call me and he said okay, but then never did. But he did text me later, that same night. I called him the next night and same thing happens, he doesn't answer but then texts me? What the heck is going on with this guy? It just doesn't make sense to me? Do men have an issue with communicating over the phone or what?





At the same time it was only one date, so it is not as if I expect a whole lot from him. If he is dating other people that is perfectly fine, I am dating other people also. I am fairly certain that he does not have a GF or wife, as I met him through my BFF and she hangs out with him all the time. They work together and go to school together, and he is a friend with her BF, so he hangs with them a lot. I would think that she would know if he had a SO, and she would definitely tell me. I know that she said he is shy on the phone, and I did have to call him the first time, but we had a great time on the date together, and he told my friend that he really liked me. What the heck is going on then? Do some men just communicate over the phone?Why do guys prefer to communicate over text?
I dated a guy who was like that once. I think he was just afraid to talk on the phone. There are no awkward silences when texting. I think a lot of people choose email and texting in place of actually talking these days for that reason.Why do guys prefer to communicate over text?
well i think he probably feels more comfortable when he is texting you because he can think about what he says before he says it but when he is talking to you on the phone he might say something wrong and then it will be all ackward he probably really likes you
Because you can pause and have excuses on replying. if you were face to face, you would have to answer quickly and might say something stupid.
What Felicia said is part of it.


Its more relaxed, the words flow easier, silent moments are not quite as akward.


Maybe he could even be self concious about his voice on the phone, I was at one point.


Ask him!


You know, 90% of questions like this could be solved if they asked the guy first..
Sometimes it is easier to say certain things through txt


also easier to keep a conversation going


I perfer txt over talking on the phone especially when talking to someone I like
Men tend to think women interrupt a lot. Texting eliminates this annoyance while maintaining communication. Many men do not speak with a lot of emotion which can sometimes be a letdown to women or a potential incorrect sign of disinterest. Keep texting if you would like to get to know this person better......unless you have a hang-up with communicating on that type of forum. A pleasant text from someone is a nice way to start the day, I think
hes nervous give him so time.
Awww. At least he is communicating with you.
You two need to go out again. Ask HIM. You're going to drive yourself insane otherwise.
It gives a guy time to think about his response.





It's also doesn't put the pressure on to be entertaining and interesting in real-time, so he can be more lax and comfortable.
I like to communicate using smoke signals.
I onlt read the bold words. Butt... we do it cause we can really tink about what were gonna say.
It isn't just men, I prefer text messaging too. It is just easier and doesn't take up as much time as calling someone on the phone.
I had an exbf that was like that. He never called only when HE wanted to but always communicated thru txt msgs it was annoying and I didnt like it at all. Anything you had to say could be said faster if you actually talked rather than take 5-10 seconds to respond on a txt.
its more convenient and less akward to text
I really dont know whats up with him... i guess most guys just dont like talking
he probably just wants to avoid the ackward silences and probably is nervous because you only have gone out on one date with him so give him time
Sounds like a good guy texting you every morning! Tell him to call you and not text. Usally you run out of things to say on the phone and texting you dont have to write back that very secound. Maybe he has free texting.





- hey if he has other girls he cant talk on the phone to them all at once like he can text. lol.
most guys just aren't talkers. they can get their points across in 2 lines so they don't see the point in calling! i'm actually the same way. i just don't like being on the phone! best wishes
I had one of those before.. It always made me very curious of what he is actually doing and who he is with.. There is a reason why he rather txt you than call. Dont get me wrong txt are greart but not all the time.
I can't answer for the man you went out on a date with, but I can tell you why I prefer communicating through text and instant messaging. First, there is a character limit so I don't have to listen to people use four paragraphs when one sentence will do. Second, women have a tendency to be brief in most text messages and instant messages so there is less fluff to distract me from the important parts of the conversation. Third, you can't see my facial expressions or body language over instant messaging or text messages so it is much more comfortable to be honest about feelings and such. There's other reasons too, but I think you get the drift.
because they can jerk off at the same time
I prefer communicating with text than phone. When you talk on the phone you have to waste time with all kinds of useless sounds like hello, goodbye etc.





Like when the conversation is going to end, it always goes something like this.





person 1: Yeah, well, alright then.


person 2: Alright.


(more useless sounds)





hang up





With text messaging its much more faster and to the point, without having to go through all that. What if you just have one thing to say? Just text it and its done. Don't have to worry if the other party has something to say, they can just text you back and you can read it at your own convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment