Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why won't men communicate?!?

I have been dating a man I met in May for the past 4 weeks. This past week his level of communciation with me has been very low. He used to call or text me every day, sometimes a couple times a day. We had a great date last week, but I have not seen him for 6 days. This past weekend (2 days ago) I asked to have a date with me tonight (Mon). He told me that he ';would love to';, but had to find out about tentative plans he may already have with a guy friend of his. He wasn't sure if the plans were going to be for tonight or tomorrow night. He said he would let me know. This morning I texted him and asked him if he knew if he was going to be available or not. 3 hours later after not hearing from him, I sent him a chat IM and asked if he got my text. He said no and that his phone was not working properly (this has been a problem in the past). I resent the text and he immediately responded by saying, ';I am not avail tonight. Sorry';.





Because I have had so many men disappear on me or blow me off just when things seem so great between us I assumed that his reply was his way of telling me that he is losing interest. Remember, he has really lacked communication this past week.





A few minutes later I responded by asking him if I would not be hearing from him anymore. He responded by saying, ';I didn't know we had plans set in stone for tonight';. Well, that does NOT answer my question.





I then reminded him of our conversation on Saturday about tentative plans for tonight and how he was supposed to get in touch with me. He responded by saying that he's had a one track mind work lately and not getting any sleep. Again, this does NOT answer my question.





I then tried calling him because I hate texting, but he didn't answer the phone. He then texted me and said that he was on the phone on a work related call and that he was getting ready to make another call.





I replied and again asked him if he was no longer intersted and that I would still like to date him. I also apologized for jumping to conclusions, but I am so used to be cut off without explanation by men that I could not help but judge the situation harshly. I also asked him to call me when he got a free minute from work. He did not call.





I later emailed him explaining myself again and asked him for his thoughts on the situation. All I want is an honest answer. Why is this so hard? Why won't he answer me? It's just words on a computer. We are not face to face. There is no confrontation. Just type the damn words and hit send. During our texting I asked him a simple question that required a simple one-word reply, ';yes';, or ';no';. I don't understand what the big deal is!





So, why is it that some men refuse to communicate? Especially with something so simple as this? At least I see it as simple. Either you want to date someone or you don't.Why won't men communicate?!?
While being truthful with you would be the right choice, and the best for your feelings; it is in fact the hardest choice for HIM. It's possible that he isn't interested but doesn't want to face hurting you by saying so. Maybe he just hopes you'll get the hint and move on.





I'm only trying to explain his actions, not excuse them. He should be honest with you.





You've asked him straight out, there really isn't anything else you can do but wait for an answer or move on, sadly.Why won't men communicate?!?
After reading your information it seems like even if he was interested you would have scared him away. Maybe he thought you were a stalker, or too needy and decided to jump ship. In the begining you don't want to chase somebody down like that. You have to be patient and give ppl space.

Report Abuse



okay, if men refuses communication, it only means one thing. he's no longer that into you / he's not into you.
A lot of men/boys get nervous when it comes to girls
They do , they just do it differently. dont bother them during a work day you wouldnt be able to socialize at work.. And Hang in there he will call you when hes ready.. He just might be busy..
my guess is you have sex with them too soon, so they then loose interest





';I am not avail tonight. Sorry'; who in the hell says ';avail';





plus you seem way too clingy and stalkerish...and weird
We don't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment