Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you communicate with your man?

Me and my husband have a great relationship. We laugh, share chores, and responsibilites! However, when it comes down to getting him to communicate with me about our relationship he just says I am tripping and what do you want me to say, well I don't want him to say anything he doesn't want, so how do I get him to open up a little. I ask questions but get really crappy answers. I don't want him to feel pressured should I back off and give him the silent treatment, you know make him talk to me so or?........Please help because this issue is a big threat to our relationship.How do you communicate with your man?
If you have a great relationship, what do you need to sit down and talk about? He might truly be wondering what you want from him? I don't know what you're looking for, either.





You can't ';make'; someone talk to you. And giving them the ';silent treatment'; is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face. If you have something you need to say to him, say it. If he feels a need to respond, he will. It's not wrong for you to ask if he agrees or disagrees with you.





But the question you posed is really vague - is this the style you use with him?How do you communicate with your man?
OMG! i having the same problem with someone. lets face it women are the beings that like to express their feelings and thoughts where as men dont have a clue on how to express thier feelings without feeling arkward. i dont know how women can have a good conversation with a man that actually returns our favors with thoughful answers. just like u im trying to find the solution. so keep in touch and let me know what others have said about ur question.
We use our words.
Based on what you are stating, what about your relationship is he not communicating on? What kinds of questions are you asking? Why would you give him the silent treatment?? It sounds like there is more to the story here.
The keys to talking about serious issues in a r'ship are:





1) timing


2) environment





By timing, I mean don't start a big discussion that's going to stress both of you out if you know he's had a horrible day at work. Do you really think he'll be open to listening, communicating, or even caring? Choose the timing with wisdom when you both have time and energy to focus on the issue at hand.





By environment, I mean think about what is going on around you. Do you have pots boiling over and kids screaming in the background? There's no way either of you will be able to properly concentrate in that environment. When I want to talk about something w/ my husband where I want 100% of his attention, I take his hand and we go lie on the bed facing each other. It's very relaxing and neither are in a defensive position. It's hard to get defensive when you're lying down. We snuggle and stay close as we talk and it ends up being a very loving thing.
Relate any question you ask to football or food.





You will get your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment