Monday, August 16, 2010

Religious people that also appreciate scientific contributions your thoughts please?

Is there any logical reason not to expect that Gods ability to communicate to man through visions and revelation would likely require a back door to our minds? Isn't something like ESP or Telepathy required as a means of reaching our minds with images and voices? If so, would you expect that that door would be open to some extent in some portion of the human family? If you find this a logical deduction how do you square this new study from Harvard?





http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200鈥?/a>Religious people that also appreciate scientific contributions your thoughts please?
As the first answerer said, it's pretty evident where you stand. However, a belief in an almighty God would lead me to believe that he had more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. Just because one person thinks ESP would be the only way to communicate to a mind doesn't mean that would be the only way.


The good 'ol Christian answer I would give you is that our soul is our connection to God, but we haven't yet proven the existence of a soul, so I guess I'm in kind of a pickle, huh?


Personally, I think a soul exists and I think it's a plane of the mind in a manner of speaking. But I believe that if God were to directly speak to man, it would be the booming voice from the sky kind of speak you see in movies. (Hard to shake a media-implanted idea, you know? ;))Religious people that also appreciate scientific contributions your thoughts please?
* smiles *


nice link


I will meander over it some more a little later and save it





well I think you know how I feel about the subject anway


but good to see some study being done
Interesting link, and a fair question too. I'm not completely against the possibility of ESP/psychic phenomena, as I think science, for all it's discovery, has still only reached the tip of the iceburg with unraveling the mysteries of the universe.
Visions are not the same as ESP.


God can do anything He wants Back-dorr or no back-door.


If there is a backdoor then it properly belongs in the relam of the matrerial and science. God is involved in the sense(no oun inteded) that he blesses us all indivudally, i.e., some have better eye-sight than others, or hearing.


Some have better reflexes, yes, some would be better at this type of non-verbal communication. He blesses people the way He chooses to.
Well.... you know, I have to say it, but through God all things are possible. I can't remember the verse (I'm still a baby christian) but there is something about how the wisest among men are fools to God.
I really thank you for the link. I would think that your theory of God reaching our minds through the same channel makes a lot of sense to me. I know they say there is a part of the brain responsible for the sensation of religious ecstasy. Fascinating when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment